No.106881103 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm done with this show.
After the finale, I was pleased, because anybody who follows SU would be pleased at any fucking episode. But here I am, a few months after, and I realize just how much I hate this show.
The one thing this show had going for it was the world building. They could have set up the diamonds to be crazy alien gods and have a crazy alien society, but no???
Why does white diamond look like a regular gem? She's the literal fucking gem matriarch. Pearl even said herself that she's "not like the other diamonds" and we get this image in our heads that she's some crazy planet destroying god, but no.
All she has is eye beams. That's fucking it. The absolute most powerful, gem alien matriarch, has eye beams. And that's enough for pearl to be shaken up and think "oh fuck you have no idea what she's capable of".
Part of me hopes that rebecca got cucked and had to make it a TV show. Maybe if she wasn't so tied fucking down we could have proper world building and actually cool villains.
I'll still watch the show, but that season finale was clearly intended to be the series finale. And if that's what they had in mind? Well fuck me clearly something is going seriously wrong.