No.106236063 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Well the truth comes out, thanks Jude
http://archive.is/J8d64

>Someone started a massive rumor this weekend that Disney is planning to shut down Marvel Comics because the return of publishing the comics simply isn’t worth the effort when the real money is to be made exploiting their intellectual properties in other mediums. And as it turns out, the person that started that rumor… was me?!
>Heh.
>Okay, so as the internet continues to rage about this “rumor” and call for my head on a platter, let me assure all of you — I was just doing what I always do, which is to say, take a press release or puff piece story making the rounds in the comics media — in this case an announcement about Marvel’s SXSW panel — and find an offbeat, exaggerated angle from which to approach it, hopefully getting some laughs and maybe making a few points in the process. Of course I know “a panel is just a panel” and Disney isn’t looking to shut Marvel down (though they might one day in the future decide to just forego all the hassle and outsource the license to another publisher). I was joking about that, but being serious about the underlying criticisms of some of things Marvel does.