HASBRO’S SYNERGY COLLECTION CELEBRATES GIRLS’ FAVORITE TOYS AND CHARACTERS

No.104766266 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Partnered with IDW Publishing, Hasbro will release an anthology of comics, written, illustrated and edited by women next year, celebrating the Hasbro characters loved by girls. And not just the obvious ones — in addition to My Little Pony and Jem and the Holograms, stories inspired by G.I. Joe and Transformers will be included.

Entitled Synergy: A Hasbro Creators Showcase, the collection features autobiographical works by Mairghread Scott (Batgirl, Transformers: Till All Are One) and Katie Cook (My Little Pony). Each will be infused with the respective author’s experiences with the Hasbro toys. In addition to these autobiographical works, there will be original comics inspired by groundbreaking female characters Dawn Moreno (G.I. Joe) and Windblade (Transformers), as well as the girl-power rock band Jem and the Holograms.

Four new pin-ups will come with the collection, as well as 13 illustrations from IDW’s archives, in honor of the women of Hasbro’s past and the ones who will shape its future.

The collection will be available in select comic book stores come March 2019. Check out the full cover and two of the pin-up images in the gallery below.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/12/17/18145060/synergy-hasbro-creators-collection-release-date-womens-history