Based Stan shoots down Andrew Garfield’s gay Spidey idea

No.104234865 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Andrew Garfield was outspoken about wanting Peter Parker to be bi and had the The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb on his side. He even had a boyfriend picked out (fellow actor Michael B. Jordan, who has gone on to star in Marvel’s Black Panther as Killmonger). Since ending his role as the web slinger, Garfield has spoke often about wanting more queer representation in Hollywood. After the first Entertainment Weekly interview where he first mentioned the idea of a queer Spider-Man, Garfield clarified in a statement to Comic Book Resources that proves he is just as much Spider-Man as any of his co-Peters: "It was just more a philosophical question, and what I believe about Spider-Man is that he does stand for everybody: black, white, Chinese, Malaysian, gay, straight, lesbian, bisexual, transgender…but he represents the underdog and those marginalized who come up against great prejudice which I, as a middle-class straight, white man, don’t really understand so much. And when Stan Lee first wrote and created this character, the outcast was the computer nerd, was the science nerd, was the guy that couldn’t get the girl. Those guys now run the world. So how much of an outcast is that version of Peter Parker anymore? That’s my question."

>Comic book legend and Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee, however, was NOT down for it. At all. When asked about the idea after Garfield's EW interview, he said "He’s becoming bisexual? Really? Who have you been talking to? I don’t know…seriously I don’t know anything about that. And if it’s true, I’m going to make a couple of phone calls. I figure one sex is enough for anybody."