Mark Waid Goes On Nerdist to Ask for Money – Nerdist Censors and Deletes Comments

No.104038999 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Mark Waid, who is currently being sued by Richard C. Meyer aka YouTuber Diversity & Comics for tortious interference and defamation, went live with Nerdist to ask their viewers to donate to his Go Fund Me.

>Nerdist host Hector Navarro hosted the live session with Waid that appears to be setup for Waid to ask people to donate to his Go Fund Me and fund his legal defense against Meyer. Navarro didn’t even feign objectivity when he broached the subject of the lawsuit declaring that Comicsgate is “an online harassment group.” He even admits why Waid is even on the show saying, “You are here for a very serious reason, Mark. You have unfortunately become the target of a lawsuit.”

>Waid believes it will be hard for Meyer to win his defamation claim stating:
>“Now, it’s turned into a lawsuit that hinges a huge part on defamation. I don’t know how you defame who says that Ta-Nehisi Coates is a race hustler. That black people working at Marvel Comics is a minstrel show. I don’t know how you defame a guy like that. But that’s for the court to decide.”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/11/06/mark-waid-goes-on-nerdist-to-ask-for-money-nerdist-censors-and-deletes-comments/