Favorite /co/ Games

No.102074622 ViewReplyOriginalReport
POST YOUR FAVORITE /co/ GAMES!!!! I'm not necessarily talking about the most "critically rated". I'm interested in the games that you played (relating to any /co/ material) and which ones you really love.

I've been revisiting some of my older consoles reliving some of my favorite games and I happened to find my old copy of Spider-Man for the playstation. This may be a true fanboy opinion but I genuinely believe it was and still is one of the best Spidey games ever made.

The game adopts a level based structure with each level being wildly varied in terms of location as well as objectives. The controls are definitely stiff and take a while to get used to but when it clicks....it clicks. It's also worth mentioning that all the boss fights in the game manged to "feel" like boss fights. They required you to sit back and memorize patterns to know when to strike. And on higher difficulties the fight with Carnage is a pure challenge. Not to mention Monster Ock which gave me nightmares.

And on top of everything I just said, it has a combination of model viewer and character bios for a significant amount of characters. It has a movie viewer. It has cheat codes for invincibility and things of that nature. It has a level select. It has an insane amount of costumes. And to top it all off it had a "what if" mode that was significinatly different from the main campaign. There are a couple things I'm forgetting but the point is that everything I just mentioned came WITH THE GAME! I swear in this day and age everything I just mentioned would be DLC. Although the second game doesn't get much attention, it had more content than the previous game (along with more intersting boss fights) which again seems like blashempy to companies now.