DC TV TITANS

No.101479335 ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/04/titans-tv-series-hawk-dove-character-changes-dc-universe/

>Star of the DC Universe show Minka Kelly confirmed that Hawk and Dove won't have superpowers in the series.

>“I have a background in ballet, in gymnastics, and jiu-jitsu, so I’m pretty talented. So I can fight, and I have a super suit, and I have wings. I have 30-pound wings that I wear that — I can’t fly because they try — it’s realistic as possible," Kelly shared with iHeartRadio. "I can’t fly, because that would be not realistic, you know? I’m a real person. I have wings, but they’re my shield, they’re my weapon, so I take people under my wing and I protect them, and I slice people with them when I fight. The fighting — we all have our own individual specific style of fighting, and mine, in particular, is like a dancer.”

>In the comics, Dove had the ability to transform herself into a dove and fly away, which will likely be too otherworldly for the seemingly grounded TV series. The character will still like have advanced strength, stamina, and durability, but we doubt it will delve into the realm of the unreal.

I wonder why. I thought they've got a really big budget. Or is this because of 'muh realism'? I hate this shit.