No.101409689 ViewReplyOriginalReport
My mom proposed a theory on marvel vs DC in which she said DC in general lacks sex appeal.

Like when you compare Supergirl to Jessixa Jones, you may want to Marry Supergirl, but Jess is hands down who you would shag.

She brought up how Legends Season 1 floundered with a milktoast british dude hung up over his wife and how season 2 was far sexier with Sara in the lwad Captain Kirking it through time.

She talked about how Superman was a 50s style take on what is attractive, just a generic good looking person with no sex appeal or charisma, the product of an era of men who wouldnt look at their wives but would try to Mad Men it up with their secretaries.

I didn't always agree but I did see the sexiness angel as a sort od proxy for how Marvel heroes tend to be more "relatable "with personality flaws and issue as opposed to DC folks.

But I frankly could not disagree on Jessixa being sedier than Supergirl, or say Iron Man being sexier than the Man of Steel.

And then you go to comicbook sex symbols and you get your Wolverines and the likesn but most of the DC heat is steeped in the bad boyism of the Batman mythos, whose often noted as the most "Marvel like" DC character (and sometimes the most popular.)

So I am wondering if a lot of the DC vs Marvel thing is a sort of a betty and veronica thing writ large.

DC you marry, but Marvel you fuck.