• The combat is ace - a very "pure" experience, but the combination of movement options, varied arenas/encounters and always giving you the drop on enemies lets them really push the combat.
• They went overboard with the slow-mo, especially on Extreme when you're using it constantly. Slows down shit too much.
• Weapon usefulness is wildly inconsistent on Extreme. You will never touch a shotgun.
• Story is mediocre, Alma is just a bunch of horror references stapled together, the dialogue is only worth paying attention to when it's Monolith being humorous. >DLC/Expansions
No idea why they declared it all non-canon, I don't think it really conflicts with anything. They just bring Fettel back to life in Fear 2's DLC anyway.
People rag on Perseus Mandate. It's fine. Just turn down the gamma to fix the art, the default setting is too high. That's it.>Fear 2
• Heavily consolized, combat takes a massive hit. No lean, your slide is heavily diminished, playing it on Hard is just a bit of a chore. Enemies are also now shit and they heavily rely on monster closets and spawning them in to carry it.
• Weapons are even more wildly inconsistent
• Slow-mo time is reasonable now.
• Story is just as mediocre, no idea why they returned to the Alma case.
• Enemies no longer ragdoll when you melee them reeeeeee>Fear 3
Just a bog-standard co-op shooter, nothing of note. Playing as Fettel isn't fun.