Current status http://status.fireden.net/ Hidden site now up at http://ydt6jy2ng3s3xg2e.onion/

Turning a Silver dragon lawful evil (or at least into a stick in the mud)

No.65779413 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok so in my new campaigh of ToA ii have a warlock being in contact with a silver dragon up on the sword coast as their patron (refluffed fae patron) with a backstory that involves the Silver dragon in question asking for their newly contracted half-elf warlock to go and try finding out what happened to a certain Gold dragon who disappeared into the jungles of Chuul 500 years ago.[/End of what PC knows]The truth of the matter is that Silver dragon in question is sending their patron out to the quest because he's trying to find out the fate of a gold dragoness he was married to and tragically separated from. Why did this happen? I had a few ideas floating around before but now I'm rather dead set on something.

It turns out that after yesterday's session for reasons I'll elaborate on below I now have a plan where I want to shock the party in a few sessions down the line by revealing this particular Silver dragon to actually be a miserable genocidal no compromise purge evil from the world wherever it may be found type of dragon who orchestrated a plotline in Chult which ties into the backstory of the group's Gith PC who's ancestor's fled from Chult for 'unknown reasons'

I mostly decided to go with this because I completely botched up what a silver dragon is supposed to be like when I did a 'dream scene' between the warlock and his patron. I committed to the cardinal sin of mistaking silver-friendly-boi as being like a stick-up-ass-bronze boi So now i'm left wondering what could have happened to change a silver dragon from his natural friend making happy puppy self into a drab lonely bastard sitting in a dark empty cave litioning to the occasional reports of buisness partner minnions and their progress in killing as many evil things as possible.
>So feel free to suggest for how to kick lizard puppy who wants to make friends into becoming lizard hitler.

(PS if pic related makes you feal strange in the peepee that's on you.)