No.65340158 ViewReplyOriginalReport
This cancer is ruining pen and paper rpgs, and here's why

>Open a roll20 listing for a 5e game
>FLOODED with applicants
>After a lot of time I filter it down to 5 good players
>In the discord a few days before the session 0 they're talking about this "Frozen Frontier" show they all enjoy
>Talking about the characters and the "story" like it's a tv show
>I google it and it's a streamed d&d campaign
>Whatever, I ignore it and session 0 comes around
>"Hey GM wouldn't it be cool if this was lower magic?"
>Another player: "Yeah, just like in FroFro haha"
>Another: "It'd be super cool to have a well developed map to freely explore but with tougher exploration rules, so our successes are actually the result of hard work and thought rather than luck."
>"We could all make interesting and flawed characters that bond through the hardships they face too, that'd be sweet."
>"Core races only too so it doesn't get too fantastical or magical. Tieflings are way out of the window"
>"I hope there isn't resurrection magic or that it's incredibly rare, so death is something to avoid dearly at risk of actually losing your character."
>Just say haha yeah and pretend to agree with everything they say
>They keep saying "Like in 2.Neal", whatever the hell that means
>I'm now stuck running a "hardcore" campaign with a lot of silly rules

Frozen Frontier has killed any chance of actually running a proper campaign, it's too popular and every idiot floods your roll20 game wanting to replay their favourite streamed and recorded d&d campaign. It's only going to get worse from here too, this was the first major breakout hit and now every other group is recording their sessions and uploading them, Normies who used to bully grognards listen to d&d playthroughs like Frozen Frontier and want to try the hobby to copy it.

tl;dr, Frozen Frontier ruined the hobby by being too popular and too normie.