It was definitely a minmaxing problem. Well, more optimization problem, since I definitely made some bad decisions with my character (such as being a tiefling at all, instead of a human or whisper gnome or whatever)
This is the GM's first real game that they're running, so I didn't expect it to last very long. The GM said something about how blasty wizards are the best kind, and I wanted to prove them wrong. It started out with me taking Abrupt Jaunt and Shaped Grease. Then Stinking Cloud and Celerity.
For some godawful reason, the GM gave me a crown that would negate dazing 3/day, specifically because Celerity made me dazed for the next round.
Anyway, it ended with timestop as a SLA, every touch spell (notably Shivering Touch) with reach, and a save DC of 27 on a level 2 spell, and I had vials and vials full of buffed, extended summons trapped in Smoky Confinement that I could whip out whenever things got problematic.
So then I decided to make something much less shit. Just a simple and stupid Eldritch Disciple. Half warlock, and uh, half urpriest