I rarely ever create PCs, but NPC knowledge is still relevant. Starting with precise answers and then answering the broad ones will tend to make the most likable. If you're in a party, it's best to relate some of these answers to the setting or another partymember in some capacity.
For a very basic character, we'll use picrelated and answer with broad/medium/precise.
1) What is their social motive ? (they want themselves to be seen as...?)>accomodating. a functioning adult. more capable than others
2) At the absolute core of their person, cutting all the bullshit, what tangible thing(s) do they want the most in life ?>business success. lots of money. to make her parents proud
3) What kind of meatsuit are they piloting ?>medium height. not fat, not fit. permanent limp from a childhood spine injury
Afterward, just repeatedly ask 4-7 until satisfied.
4) Something they hate or fear.>murderers. when people waste food. winged bears.
5) Something they love.>baking. finishing small tasks. things she hasn't seen before.
6) Something they tolerate.>magic. rude customers. pity.
7) Something they like.
birds. happy people. music from flutes and string instruments.
and that's just the girl serving your ale.