On wisdom teeth and grinding.

No.11208874 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Gotta admit, I'm not worthy of posting in here, my math & science skills are fuckin' atrocious. However, that does not keep me from hypothesizing. If you've got a problem with this post, blame it on the fact that 4chan doesn't have a damn health board which is honestly surprising.

I've visited dentists who warn me of the dangers of keeping my wisdom teeth in--- with projections of my teeth scrambling and becoming crooked. At the same time, they have warned me of the dangers of grinding my teeth while I sleep.

I, like the retard I most likely am, took these two warnings and came to the seemingly irresponsible conclusion that these two problems would take care of each other.

Nearly ten years later, I am halfway correct in my assumption--- disregarding the dangers of grinding since that creates a whole new host of issues. My wisdom teeth have come in nearly fully at this point, and my teeth remain in the same position that they were when I received these warnings. In contrast, my teeth ARE sharp as hell due to my continuous nighttime grinding--- and I AM aware of the fact that my teeth will eventually split if this habit continues.

Regardless, I have come to the hypothetical conclusion that grinding your teeth will prevent or mitigate structural issues that arise from wisdom teeth.

Of course this is all anecdotal, so please shit all over my face over this. I simply want to hear your takes on this layman's hypothesis.