How would you transfer qualia from the brain to a machine?

No.10815921 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Replace each neuron one by one?
>Just use more advanced lace technology to stimulate existing neurons in specific ways to build new desired pathways within the brain?

All machines will do is stimulate neurons, they can't cut/paste qualia.

I don't see how it's even possible "I" can experience a machine when "I" am the feeling of neurons being stimulated not transistors or other material combinations. The substrate would be different, the "I" that is the feeling of thoughts which is the feeling of neurons being stimulated would slowly die if you replace neurons with the same informational equivalent using a different substrate, if you destroy the neurons the "I" wouldn't even realize it was dying any more than an Alzheimers or patient feels their neurons dying.

Wouldn't we have already seen some informational "bleed" when these previous bmi's were hooked up? Wouldn't we already have noticed that some of the persons conscious experience "bleeds" over to the computer chip that is stimulating the brain? It doesn't feel like anything to be a transistor from a human experince. If consciousness is only information, wouldn't any transfer of information be consciousness? Instead what we find is that all we can really do is use very precise stimulation but nothing using transistors "plugs in" to the brain.

Thoughts? I hope I'm wrong.