No.10216948 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>always liked physics before uni
>always understood the principles and logic behind it
>could just logic my way through problems rarely even bothering with the formula from the book (I'd derive it in one way or another myself)

>get into uni
>pick the hardest engineering degree in the country because I had top marks in everything related
>known for its breakneck pace
>aside from things getting orders of magnitude more complex, the pace quadruples if not more
>not given enough time to actually understand what you're doing
>trying to take it from the bottom and following the process just takes too long and you end up behind by the time of the exams
>at some point start just zoning out and just memorizing formulas and solutions instead of actually understanding them
>later material builds upon earlier material making this problem increase exponentially
>suddenly not enjoying physics at all any more
>what used to be interesting and stimulating is now just monotonous crunch
>even worse when I go back to look at some high school stuff I realize I understood physics better back then than I do now
>completely demotivated by the time I get to third year
>now been flunking my third year in a row having been basically a neet for the past 2
The only possible way to keep up with this while actually learning the material like I want to is to become one of those Adderall-addicted (or cocaine) madmen who sleep 4 hours a night and do nothing but study (half of them have a mental break by the 4th year and drop out, know two who did before the third year even started, one is now in rehab), and I really don't want to fuck up my mental health for life crunching numbers 14 hours a day to then get a job to do the same for the rest of my life.

Anyone else had this issue?