Freedom

No.4017184 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm ending my work contract soon and I've saved enough to pay for living expenses for at least 2 months. Anyway, during this time I am going to focus on improving my art before getting another job (with less hours so that I can continue to study art). I just wanted to ask any self-taught anons what you find is the best way to structure your studies?

I did Perspective Made Easy and Dynamic Sketching I & II at the beginning of the year on paper but I would like to start moving toward digital art. I was thinking about doing 3-5 topics depending on how the workload feels, at the moment I'm looking at these as options:
- Dynamic Sketching II, to recap on basics, get used to working digital and to continue building a visual library.
- How to Draw, to continue improving on perspective.
- CtrlPaint's Digital Painting, introduction to light, shadow and value through grayscale digital painting.
- Figure Drawing by Steve Huston, introduction to figure drawing focusing on gesture, proportion, form etc.
- Environmental Sketching, not sure which course/book for this one.

I think these topics will cover a good amount of the basics and they fit the length of my break. Anyway, what I'm not sure about is, do you find it is more helpful to do a bit of each topic on each day or if it is better to do a different topic on each day? and would you change any of the topics or the workload?

I am also going to keep track of the progress I make with each course/topic and will post it at the end of the 8 weeks. If people find it interesting, I'll keep going with other topics in the future.