‘Black Panther’ Early Buzz: What the Critics Are Saying About Marvel’s New Movie

No.98379413 ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://www.slashfilm.com/black-panther-early-buzz/
>While the review embargo remains in effect, the social media embargo on reactions to Ryan Coogler‘s superhero adventure has fallen and yes, that means the first wave of Black Panther buzz has arrived.

>Black Panther looks, feels and sounds like any Marvel film to date. A visual mess. Wakanda is poorly realized, the antagonist has no arc with emotional motivations. Marvels most polarizing movie. So bland.

>Ryan Coogler drops the ball, some horrible sequences presented in a “single take/shot.” If this movie is nominated for costume, art and production design awards next year, I would be seriously shocked.

>#BlackPanther is awful – the James Pond of the MCU. You've seen all of this before in a superhero movie – it's flat, generic & barren, and there's no depth or spiritualness much like anything Marvel has ever done. It's 100% forgettable & it is dumb af.

>#BlackPanther: I never wanted this movie to end sooner, and as soon as it did I wanted to go home. Tepid action, barebones story, no personality. Shuri is nothing new, Nakia is forgettable, Killmonger is cringy, T'Challa deserves to leave the MCU. Coogler has failed us all.

How will Marvel ever recover?