ZACK SNYDER TALKS FORMING THE JUSTICE LEAGUE; JABS AT CAPTAIN AMERICA, HULK & MARVEL

No.81994508 ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/zack-snyder-talks-forming-justice-league-jabs-captain-america-hulk-marvel

>"Pretty early on I had this idea that I wanted [Superman's death] to happen. I really felt like if we were going to move forward with the Justice League, that Batman needed to put it together, and you couldn't have this... I mean Superman is Superman," Snyder said. "If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman. And so I really felt we need to - in a cool way - create a mechanism that could get him out of the way. And I didn't want to [rolls eyes] freeze him on ice and shoot him into space. I thought that was boring [laughs]."

>Snyder continues with mention of all the deaths in Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman (that some fans complained about), seemingly taking another swipe at Marvel by saying, "Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."