Bill Maher doubles down on Bashing Comic Books and it’s Culture

No.105540901 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>>Bill Maher made headlines around this part of the entertainment world shortly after the death of Stan Lee last November as he penned a controversial op-ed piece on his blog on how comic books were meant solely for kids.

>>A few months later, the comedian double-downed on his thoughts as he went on a massive rant at the tail-end of his weekly Real Time with Bill Maher program on HBO. Spending upwards of six minutes trying to explain his previous blog post, Maher ended up lashing out against comic fans once more, dropping a few comments that are sure to be controversial amongst the comic crowd.

>>"Tonight’s editorial is about Stan Lee who, if you missed it, died in November," Maher explained. "And a few days later, I posted a blog that in no way was an attack on Mr. Lee, but took the occasion of his death to express my dismay at people who think comic books are literature and superhero movies are great cinema and who, in general, are stuck in an everlasting childhood. Bragging that you’re all about the Marvel Universe is like boasting your mother still pins your mittens to your sleeves."

>>Maher then went on to compare the liking of comics and comic-themed movies and television shows to getting pampered by your mother as a child. I’m